Teatulia’s headquarters are located in Denver, CO., but their garden-to-cup teas are sustainably grown in their own garden, created from a former wasteland in Northern Bangladesh.
Now it’s transformed into a lush single-garden at the base of the Himalayas, producing teas with a unique flavor profile.
Having developed a new tea-growing region between Assam and Darjeeling, this company established their garden in 2000, which has resulted in a successfully regenerated ecosystem and economy that benefits the community and their loyal customer base all around the world.
For the Land
Striving to be sustainable and regenerative, with a focus on using natural farming processes to improve the soil for future generations, this company sources their teas from their own USDA, SGS and JAS certified, organic tea garden.
Starting out as a barren wasteland, this tea garden is now considered to be one of the largest organic tea gardens in the world, with over 3,000 acres that are cultivated without the inclusion of synthetic chemicals, while practicing water, soil and land conservation principles.
Now these tea gardens and farmlands support a thriving, diverse ecosystem that includes a variety of plant and animal species, which were once considered endangered.
Along with Rainforest Alliance certification that helps with the conservation of biodiversity and sustainable livelihoods, Teatulia has created a beautiful tea oasis.
For the People
Creating jobs in an impoverished and remote part of Bangladesh is one of the many ways this tea company is driven to be a social enterprise, where farm co-op members can benefit from initiatives assisting with health, education and cattle-lending programs that help break the cycle of poverty.
Employing over 600 workers and supporting more than 1,700 community members in their co-op means that they can teach organic farming, which in turn feeds the community’s families and strengthens local markets.
The co-op’s cattle-lending program has distributed over 3,000 cows to thousands of Bengali women and has issued more than $500,000 in cattle loans.
With dairy farming increasing employment by 450 percent as well as income for the co-op members growing to 300 percent, Teatulia have proven that mindful, compassionate and sustainable methods can change lives for many.
For the Environment
This company maintains a strong focus on reducing their global footprint, making every decision count while inspiring others in the industry to follow suit.
Their earth-friendly eco-canisters are crafted from compostable and recyclable materials and their tea bags are designed to be free of excess packaging such as tags, strings and staples.
For the Taste
Offering quality black, white, green and herbal teas that are handpicked from their own and other like-minded gardens means that tea sippers can enjoy some of the best-tasting and freshest teas, with over 25 flavors available as either loose leaf tea, tea bags or iced varieties.
- 2016 – The Specialty Foods Association honored Teatulia with a Leadership Award for Citizenship, for going above and beyond in advancing food standards by using innovation and vision to create positive social, economic and environmental impacts.
- 2015 – Forbes named this company one of the 25 Most Innovative Consumer and Retail brands for revitalizing a stale consumer industry and changing the way we live by defying convention.
- 2014 – Named one of Colorado’s Companies to watch by ColoradoBiz Magazine, acknowledging their influence as a growing company in that state. Also one of the first to become a Certified B Corporation, committed to solving social and environmental issues.
Hailing from their own organic tea gardens in the Teatulia region of Northern Bangladesh as well as other similar gardens around the world, this company’s teas, infusions and blends have a unique style and flavor.
Organic Black Tea
- Premium 100% organic certified
- Eco-canisters and corn silk tea bags are biodegradable
- Socially responsible
Simple and 100% organic tea from Bangladesh which comes packaged in an attractive eco-canister.
The corn-silk pyramid teabags have room to brew for this rich and balanced tea that has a light cherry finish. Smooth, robust and naturally sweet, this tea won 2nd place in the 2014 North American tea Championship.
Organic Single Garden Peppermint Whole Leaf Tea
- Pack of three canisters (48 total sachets)
- Premium 100% organic certified
- Eco-canisters and corn silk bags are biodegradable
- Single-garden direct
A deep amber tea that is caffeine-free, direct from Teatulia’s single garden in Bangladesh, made from peppermint leaves. Enjoy the buttery peppermint flavor that has notes of thickets and brambles, with a satisfyingly crisp, refreshing taste.
Awaken your senses with this earthy, organic blend that is delicious hot or cold.
Organic Lemongrass Herbal Herbal Infusion
- 100 corn silk pyramid teabags each filled with 2 grams of whole leaf tea
- Pyramid teabags allow extra space for leaves to infuse and bringing more flavor...
- Each whole leaf pyramid bag can be brewed 2 or 3 times
- 100% organic tea and it's direct from our single garden in Bangladesh
This infusion won 1st place in the 2012 North American Tea Championship and is also sourced from their tea garden in Bangladesh. Lemongrass and bay leaves give this tea a soft hint of citrus, with a naturally sweet aftertaste that is also zesty and fresh.
Creamy and delicate with a clean mouth feel that will have you coming back for more.
A visit to Teatulia’s website quickly shows how dedicated they are to providing natural products with a social and environmental consciousness. With an informative Tea 101, recipes and a recipe book, along with tea wares, gift sets and samplers, this company is definitely one to check out.
More brands to explore:
Last update on 2019-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API