Are you looking for a delicious summertime beverage? Do you want to make something unique and special for your family or friends? If so, then this blog post is for you!
I’ll show you how to make the perfect peach iced tea that will be sure to please everyone; in fact, this is my mom’s favorite recipe that she has been making since the age of 10, with a few changes from me 🙂
Gather the Ingredients
Making your own homemade peach iced tea is easy and fun! To get started, you’ll need to gather a few simple ingredients.
- 1 lb of fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water,
- And black tea bags or loose-leaf black tea.
If desired, you can also add a bit of lemon juice for a tart kick.
Once you have all the ingredients, you’re ready to start making iced tea!
Make the Peach Puree – Step by Step
Making peach puree is the first step in making a delicious homemade peach iced tea.
To make the puree:
- Mix together 1 lb of peaches, 3/4 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat and then reduce it to medium heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the peaches are soft and the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the mixture has cooled off, transfer it to a high-speed blender jar and blend until smooth.
- Strain the puree using a fine mesh sieve to remove any chunks of peaches.
- Your peach puree is nearly ready to be used in your iced tea.
Time to add in a little sugar and lemon juice.
Add Sugar and Lemon Juice
Once the peach puree is ready, it’s time to add in the sugar and lemon juice. Start by adding the sugar, stirring to make sure it is completely dissolved.
Next, add a few tablespoons of lemon juice to the mixture. The acidity of the lemon juice will help to bring out the flavor of the peaches. Stir the mixture and taste it. Add more sugar or lemon juice to taste, if desired.
Now it’s tea time, literally!
Steep the Tea
Steeping the tea is the next step in making delicious homemade peach iced tea.
- Start by bringing two cups of water to a boil over high heat and adding your desired tea bags or leaves.
- Allow the tea to steep for 10-15 minutes, then discard the tea bags or leaves.
- Once the tea has been steeped, it’s ready to add to the peach puree.
Strain and Discard Tea Bags or Leaves
Once the tea has steeped for 5 minutes, it’s time to strain and discard the tea bags or leaves. To do this, use a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Slowly pour the tea through the strainer to catch any pieces of tea.
Once all of the tea has been strained, discard the tea bags or leaves. You can now move on to the next step in making your perfect peach iced tea.
Chill for 1 Hour
Once your peach puree and tea have cooled down, it is time to chill your mixture.
Place the mixture in a pitcher or container and store it in the refrigerator for 1 hour. This will allow the flavors to combine fully and create a delicious iced tea.
As the mixture chills, the flavors will meld together and create a truly unique taste. After 1 hour of chilling, your peach iced tea is ready to be served.
Optional Steps to Take Your Peach Iced Tea to The Next Level
Peach Slices For Display
I love the look of peach slices, they add perfectly and can be eaten afterwards, I highly recommend you cut a few and put in the tea, they look great and will impress your guests.
Make a Simple Syrup
Making a simple syrup is an optional but recommended step to enhance the sweetness of your peach iced tea.
You can mix sugar as I described above, but if you plan to make lots of ice tea, just make a simple syrup, it is sup easy.
How to Make a Simple Syrup
To make the simple syrup, combine one cup of sugar with one cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved completely and the liquid has thickened.
Allow the syrup to cool before adding it to the iced tea mixture. This will help ensure that the flavor is not too sweet or overpowering.
Serve Over Ice with Fresh Mint Leaves and Slices of Peaches
Once you’ve made the perfect peach iced tea, it’s time to serve it over ice. For an extra bit of flavor and visual appeal, garnish your glasses with fresh mint leaves and peach slices.
This is entirely optional but something I love to do, and it will surely add a refreshing touch to your homemade peach iced tea.
Ok, not for a few final tips to make sure you make the best peach iced tea ever!
Expert Tips on Making Perfect Homemade Peach Iced Tea
Here are some expert tips to help you make the perfect cup every time:
• Always use fresh peaches for the puree, as it gives the tea a more intense flavor.
• If you prefer a sweeter tea, add more sugar or simple syrup to the mix.
• Use high-quality tea for a more flavorful brew.
• To bring out the flavor of the peaches, add a few drops of lemon juice to the mixture.
• If you’re not a fan of pulp, make sure to strain the peach puree before adding it to the tea.
• Let your tea cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
• For added flavor and presentation, garnish your iced tea with fresh mint leaves and slices of peaches.
This has to be one of my favorite iced tea recipes, and I hope you love it.
Happy Tea Drinking!