In 1976, Frontier Tea was a two-person business operating from a river cabin in Eastern Iowa, now located in Norway, IA.
From small beginnings they have evolved to become a major provider of natural products and their innate sense of what their customers want has led to their success and achievements.
Frontier Tea’s Mission
A member-owned co-op that supports natural living, Frontier Tea care deeply about their effect on the world.
From helping the communities who produce their ingredients and incorporating practices that positively impact the environment, this tea company strives to offer quality products while adhering to safe and fair processes and practices.
The Frontier Tea Timeline
- 1970’s – Selling herbs and spices to local co-ops, adding and promoting organics, moving operations to a 5,200 sq. ft. grocery store in Fairfax, IA., bottling essential oils, incorporating as a cooperative owned by customers.
- 1980’s – Returning first patronage refund to Frontier member/owners, electing first Board of Directors, buying 10 acres near Norway, IA. and building a 22,152 sq. ft. facility, being listed 78th on “America’s Fastest Growing Companies”, establishing on-site cafeteria and childcare, being the first in their industry to use a natural CO2 fumigation process.
- 1990’s – Launching the line of Frontier brand bottled spices, establishing a tall grass prairie on their Norway site, using cryogenic grinding to preserve quality products, hosting the first of 13 HerbFest conferences, buying Aura Cacia aromatherapy brand, implementing a Gas Chromatography testing program.
- 2000’s – Introducing the 100% Simply Organic line, offering Fair Trade certified teas, establishing the Well Earth program to develop socially responsible suppliers around the world, publishing their first Sustainability Report, establishing the Simply Organic 1% Scholarship at the University of California Santa Cruz Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems.
- 2010’s – Implementing steam sterilization to naturally eliminate pathogens, buying and renovating a 100,000 sq. ft. facility in North Liberty, building a preschool in Madagascar for supplier community children, building 49 new wells in vanilla supplier communities, chosen as the 2013 Whole Foods supplier of the year, providing 300 dormitory-style bunk beds and school subsidies for Vietnamese children, launching their first Non-GMO products.
Frontier Inc Teas
Frontier Tea stopped using irradiated products in the last few years and they no longer source GMO ingredients. None of their teas are tested on animals and their products are certified by Kosher Supervision of America (KSA).
Irish Breakfast Tea
- One pound bulk bag
- A rustic, warm and comfortably familiar black tea brews a deeply satisfying...
- Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Kosher and Non-Irradiated
- Frontier Co-Op is a member owned co-op; responsible to people and planet
This warm, rustic tea is sourced from India and is certified Fair Trade, Organic and Kosher. This Irish Breakfast tea is bold and malty. With milk, it becomes a velvety-smooth experience.
With a rich, robust flavor that can be enjoyed in place of coffee, you can also include it in an afternoon tea of sandwiches and cakes.
Gunpowder Green Tea
- One pound bulk bag
- Tightly rolled special pin head grade Chinese green tea; yields a brothy,...
- Certified Organic, Kosher and Non-Irradiated
- Frontier is a member owned Co-op, responsible to people and planet
This pin head grade of Chinese green tea comes tightly rolled and has a slightly smoky flavor.
Certified Fair Trade, Organic and Kosher, this tea is sourced from China and is considered smooth, grassy and robust, without giving you the jitters. Gunpowder tea is rolled into pellets so you’ll enjoy watching the leaves unfurl as it steeps.
Lemon Ginger Tea
This Kosher certified tea is intensely fruity and sweet and is flavored with a spritz of 100% pure lemon to create a warm and fresh infusion.
A delicate balance of ginger, lemongrass, hibiscus and other botanicals makes this tea a comforting cup that has bright floral notes of coriander mixed with the tang of delicious lemon.
Frontier Tea has created a tea experience that is earthy and wholesome, along with the satisfaction that comes with the knowledge that they care deeply about the earth and its inhabitants.
A homey, folksy aspect of their products comes from their community minded approach, which makes this tea company a natural choice.
More about tea:
Last update on 2019-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API