If you’re anything like me you love tea and you love having a clean and organized home. I think we’ll all agree there’s nothing worse than having a disorganized kitchen, pantry or office and not being able to find that favourite flavour of tea in amongst the clutter! Especially when you’re stressed and need that herbal tea ASAP.
Since my friends know me so well, last Christmas they bought me the perfect present knowing how much I love tea and my home. They bought me a tea organizer to organize all my flavoured tea bags, tea spoons, stirrers and sugar. I even put my coffee pods in there for those days that tea won’t cut it and I need a stronger pick me up!
My friends bought me the Vintage White Wood Tea Bag and Coffee Capsule Pod Storage Organizer as it matches my shabby chic decor and the glass panel front allows me to see how many tea bags I have left plus the pull out drawer allows me to keep all my spoons, sugar and tea products together.
While I love my tea box for organizing tea and all the tea accessories I have been thinking about purchasing another one. My love for tea is expanding as so is the amount of tea required to fuel that passion. Which one though? There’s a few out there at the moment so I’m going to discover and explore the different types of tea organizers available and the things to consider when purchasing a tea storage product. Let’s go!
What are tea organizers?
Tea organizers are boxes, canisters or racks that are used to organize and store your tea and or coffee plus items used to make tea e.g. sugar, cups and powdered milk. They can also be called a Tea Chest, Tea Box, Tea Storage Box, Tea Canister or Tea Storage Station depending on the style, shape or material it’s made from.
Why do I need a tea organizer?
A tea organizer makes your life easier, especially if you’re like me and have a huge variety of tea and drink it regularly. A tea storage product will make it easier for you to find the tea you’re after, display the tea nicer and allow you to see if you’re getting low in one of your favourite teas easier.
What are the benefits of a tea organizer?
A tea organizer will help you with your tea storage so all your tea bags are easy to find and may hold their quality for longer as most tea organizers are designed to be airtight so you’ll find your tea will not go stale. It’s also a great idea for guests or staff so you can display your tea professionally.
Different types of tea organizers available:
There are many different types of tea organizers and tea storage products available. We will look at the different types of tea organizers that are available at present. These products make great Christmas gifts for your family or just make your life more organized for yourself. When you’re looking at tea storage products there are a few things to look for as different materials, storage sizes, colors, and types will suit different people and their different requirements.
Things to consider
When storing tea it’s important to look at the material that your tea storage box is made of as some materials will not be airtight and some might be prone to insects like pantry moths. Tea boxes are generally made from bamboo, wood, plastic, steel, perspex or glass. These materials all have pros and cons. In general, a bamboo tea box will keep your tea fresh and able to breathe so it wont go stale as quickly as glass or perspex. A wooden storage box is generally not able to be seen through but some may have a glass window panel in the lid for this purpose. A glass or perspex tea box is seethrough so you can see when you’re getting low on an item and you can see where your favourite teas are easily but bugs can get into boxes that are not airtight, so ensure your box has an airtight seal if you’re hoping to store it in the pantry.
Style and shape
Some organizers are box shaped, some like the MyGift 5-Compartment Vintage Gray Wood Octagon Organizer are hexagonal shape and some are circular shaped and some are open style spinning carousel style like the Petteri Tea Organizer Spinning Carousel. Some box shaped organizers have a glass or perspex lid so that you can see inside, some are solid wood.
Size and compartments
The size of your organizer and how many compartments you need will depend on how much tea you drink and how many different types of tea you have and want to keep on display. If you host a lot of dinner parties for example then it’s best if you choose a bigger organizer with more compartments, but if it’s just for yourself and you have a few teas you like then I’d suggest going for something smaller like a 5 compartment organizer. If you’re looking for an organizer for your workplace or office the best one will depend on how many staff are in your or office but I would suggest a bigger organizer with at least 9-12 compartments. The organizers that we’re going through today come in 5, 6 and 9 compartment styles and some dividers can be removed so you can fit some of the non-standard tea and coffee items. The size will also be important if you’re trying to get your organizer to fit into a specific space i.e. your pantry. Make sure you check the specific measurements in the links if this is the case.
We understand that everyone’s situation is different, so we have discussed a range of products with a range of different price points in this article so that hopefully you’ll find a product that fits into your budget.The products we have reviewed range in price from $10 to $40.
At Tea Perspective we drink a lot of tea because we’re all about tea! We love all different types of tea so we have a lot; all around the office kitchen in our homes plus we’re eagerly bringing in different types of tea for the other staff to try. These tea organizers help to keep all our favourites together in a compact box that’s easy to see. We’ve picked and reviewed 6 of our favorites here for you but there’s a huge range of tea organizers available. Here is a comprehensive selection of tea organizers you can find on Amazon.
Let’s take a look at a few of the tea organizers available and discuss what we liked about each product.
Product Review Summary
|Name and link||Image||Price (Approx)||One-line review||Best for:|
|BAMBOO LAND drawer storage/organizer||$37.99||“Features a compact design which fits perfectly on the kitchen counter top, reception and break room table.”||It’s perfect for your guests to pick their favorite after dinner tea. It also makes a perfect housewarming, Christmas or Birthday present.|
|Mind Reader Tea Bag holder and Condiment Organizer||From $28.33||“The ultimate storage solution for tea lovers across the globe. Imagine living in a place where you can now organize your favorite tea bags and have them in plain sight for you to grab and go.”||Perfect for organizing small or crowded kitchen spaces and keeping clutter away. Works well on counter tops and small spaces such as cabinets, pantries, college dorm rooms, apartments, condos, RVs, campers and caravans.|
|Nifty Solutions Tea Bag Storage and Organizer Carousel||$19.99||“Creates a convenient way to access and display your favorite flavours and with its spinning base it’s a great addition to your kitchen.”||Perfect for the small office space, little pantry or petite space such as a tiny house, dorm room or caravan.|
|Kitchencraft Le’xpress Wooden Tea Chest||$27.76||“Pretty, as well as practical, this tea chest is finished with a beautiful filigree motif. It brings a sense of old-fashioned elegance to any kitchen.”||Anyone looking to tidy up their tea and or coffee bar with antique/shabby chic/vintage decor.|
|Snips, Green Tea Bag Airtight Storage Box||$10.99||“A budget tea box that’s hard wearing and stackable. This plastic tea box comes with a removable divider so you can use it for your lunchbox or to store anything you like in a airtight container.”||The budget conscious student or the office worker that needs to bring tea bags from home in a storage container.|
|Oak Savanna Tea and Sugar packet Organizer||$19.99||“Great for organizing tea bags, sugar packets, sweeteners, seasoning packets and instant coffee by type so you can find what you need at a glance. Holds and stores coffee stirrers and teaspoons.”||Anyone that wants a tea bag organizer to help display their tea bags and tea accessories. It’s perfect for storing tea and the easy to use design makes it a product that’s sure to be a favorite.|
- ECO-FRIENDLY MATERIAL: It is made of 100% eco-friendly untreated Bamboo that is...
- Single Serve Coffee Pod Drawer: this product comes with a compact design which...
- Adjustable divider. This product comes with 4 divider that enables you to change...
- Multifunction mind reader: great option to store your cosmetics, jewelry, and...
The Bamboo Land storage organizer is a favourite of mine because it’s adjustable to accommodate your different sized teas, tea accessories or coffees and if you take the dividers out you can fit coffee filters in the tray! It is also really pretty and the perfect size for displaying underneath your coffee machine or tea pot in the kitchen counter top, reception or office break room. It’s made of 100% eco-friendly untreated Bamboo that is free from chemicals plus it’s a clean design that will match most kitchen decor seamlessly.
At a glance:
- Hold 36 coffee pods or K-cups in 6 different rows to organize your different flavours
- It’s made of 100% eco-friendly untreated bamboo that is free from chemicals
- The dividers are removable and adjustable
- It comes with 4 removable and adjustable dividers that enable you to change the space inside the drawer to accommodate tea storage, coffee filters, 36 coffee pods, different sized tea bags, sugar, stirrers and creamers
- Soft, anti-slip pad on the bottom of the organizer keeps the bamboo tea box from moving and protects tabletop surfaces
- Size: 26 x 17.8 x 14.6 inch
- It’s perfect for your guests to pick their favorite after dinner tea or you can mix and match your teas for the season or to your staff/guest preferences. It also makes a great housewarming gift, wedding present, kitchen display box, Christmas present, office display or just to help you store your tea in your kitchen pantry.
- ORGANIZATION MADE EASY: 9 generously sized sections provide plenty of space to...
- OPEN DESIGN: Open design for this tea bag holder was invented with convenience...
- PREMIUM QUALITY: This tea bag storage is made of strong and durable plastic...
- VERSATILE: Not only can you fit a large amount of tea bags in this storage...
The Mind Reader Tea Bag holder and organizer is a great one for the tea drinker who likes a large variety of tea as it’s got a large storage capacity with 9 tea storage drawers being able to store up to 15 tea bags each with a total of 135 tea packets. It’s also got 2 bonus storage drawers at the bottom of the tea rack for organizing and storing your sugars, sweeteners, small stirrers, creamers, and other tea accessories or your discarded tea bag. It’s made of hard wearing plastic that’s open at the front to make it easier to see where your favourite tea bag is stored.
At a glance:
- 9 generously sized removable tea boxes that provide plenty of space to store, organize and separate tea bags, coffee pods and other tea accessories.
- The open design for this tea bag holder is convenient.
- This tea bag storage is made of a strong and durable plastic material that is built to last for years of use.
- You can use this storage box throughout the home to add tea storage where you need it. After you’ve finished all your tea you can use it in the home office, craft room, bedroom, vanity and more.
- Size: 4.33″ L x 10.24″ W x 13.11″ H
The Mind Reader Tea Bag holder is perfect for organizing small or crowded kitchen spaces and keeping clutter away. It works well on counter tops and small spaces such as cabinets, pantries, college dorm rooms, apartments, condos, RVs, campers and caravans.
- SPINNING TEA BAG CAROUSEL: This Nifty carousel stylishly showcases up to 60 of...
- MODERN DESIGN: The modern, chrome plated finish style looks fantastic on the...
- KITCHEN COUNTER ORGANIZER: Keep your kitchen neat, clean, and organized...
- DIMENSIONS: The convenient space saving carousel is only 7.75 inches in...
The Nifty solutions tea bag storage and organizer carousel is a stylish open organizer that holds up to 60 tea bags with each compartment holding up to 10 of your favorite tea bags. The organizer spins on a lazy susan base making it spin in a 360 degree motion for easily available tea storage.
At a glance:
- It’s small at only 6.75″ diameter and 7.75″ tall, the tea bag carousel will fit anywhere it needs to and is great for organizing your countertop space
- Holds up to 6 different types of tea with 10 in each compartment (60 tea bags in total)
- The carousel spins 360 degrees allowing for easy access to all teas
- The beautiful, modern, chrome finish adds a great look to anywhere you want to display your favorite tea
- It’s a great gift idea for any occasion
- Size: 6.25 x 6.25 x 7.00 inches
The Nifty solutions tea bag storage and organizer carousel is perfect for the small office space, little pantry or petite space such as a tiny house, dorm room or caravan.
- Keep your favourite teabags neat, tidy and organised with this attractive wooden...
- It has 6 compartments - plenty of space for your favourite fruit teas, herbal...
- Its transparent window is decorated with a beautiful filigree border. The front...
- Traditional metal clasp keeps the lid shut so your tea stays fresh and...
The Kitchencraft Wooden Tea Chest is ideal for man or woman looking for an organizer that’s a little bit more fancy than the others. This traditional tea box is made of vintage white acacia wood and features six compartments, so you can neatly store your favourite tea bag sachets. It also features a glass panel window lid so you can check what teas you have at a glance, as well as a metal clasp to keep the hinged lid shut and the flavours locked in and airtight. It’s pretty as well as practical, this tea chest is finished with a beautiful filigree motif. It’s sure to bring a sense of old-fashioned elegance to any kitchen.
At a glance:
- Keep your favourite tea bags neat, tidy and organized with this attractive wooden tea box from KitchenCraft Le’Xpress
- It has 6 compartments – plenty of space for your favourite fruit teas, herbal teas and breakfast blends!
- The transparent window lid is decorated with a beautiful filigree border
- Traditional metal clasp keeps the hinged lid shut so your tea bag stays fresh, airtight and flavoursome.
- It makes a great gift for a tea lover, or a lovely treat for yourself with a design that will compliment most decor
- Comes with a 12 month guarantee
Anyone looking to tidy up their tea and or coffee bar with antique/shabby chic decor.
The Snips, Tea Bag storage box is perfect for anyone looking for a budget tea box that’s hard wearing and stackable. This plastic tea box comes with a removable divider so you can use it for your lunchbox or to store any items in the airtight container. We liked this one because it’s budget friendly at $10.99, it’s see through with a green tea image on the lid and has multiple uses.
At a glance:
- Features removable dividers and airtight lid closure to keep aromas fresh and intact for a long time
- Airtight, hard wearing plastic and lightweight at 15 ounces
- It has 9 compartments
- Easy to stack
- Great for any storage eg herbs, spices, tea or lunch on the run
- BPA free and dishwasher safe
- Size: 11.22″ x 8.07″ x 1.77″
The budget conscious student or the office worker that needs to bring tea bags from home in a storage container.
- STORAGE MADE EASY: Clear acrylic tea bag holder is great for creating a clean...
- 5 DIVIDED SPACE: Five generously sized compartments provide plenty of space to...
- MULTI-PURPOSE STORAGE: This sleek, modern container makes it easy to organize &...
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: This tea bag organizer is Made of durable...
The Oak Savanna Tea Organizer was appealing to me as it’s unique Octagon Shape allows 5 different teas to be displayed at a time with the hole in the middle ideal for sugar packets or any tea related item. The shatter-resistant, crystal clear acrylic; material makes it easy to see the tea bags displayed and it’s durable so it won’t break if you drop it.
At a glance:
- Clear acrylic tea bag holder.that’s great for creating a clean and organized tea or coffee station
- Store tea bags, sugar packets, sweeteners, seasoning packets and instant coffee by type so you can find what you need at a glance
- Five generously sized compartments provide plenty of space to store tea bags
- This sleek, modern container makes it easy to organize and store small items to keep clutter away. You can use it throughout the home to make storage of small items simple and easy. It holds small office supplies, beads, screws, jewellery, keys and more
- This tea bag organizer is made of durable shatter-resistant clear acrylic
- Size: 6″ x 6″ x 3.125″
Anyone that wants a tea bag organizer to help display their tea bags and tea accessories. It’s perfect for storing tea and the easy to use design makes it a product that’s sure to be a favorite.
We love all tea here at Tea Perspective so all these tea storage organizers are perfect to us as they are all great for different reasons and for different purposes. In saying that though my favorite is the tea box organizer from Kitchencraft Wooden Tea Chest. It’s my favorite because I can see the tea perfectly, it has an airtight lid, has lots of compartments, suits the decor in my kitchen and is made from lovely white wash vintage acacia wood. It’s definitely a favorite of mine and the one I purchased to match the Vintage White Wood Tea Bag and Coffee Capsule Pod Storage Organizer I already own !
Where can I buy tea organizers?
You can purchase tea organizers and tea storage boxes from most retail shops. We’ve provided links to online shops for your convenience and so you can read the reviews to ensure you buy the right storage product for you.
Enjoy your tea!
Now you can sit back and enjoy your tea without the stress of not being able to find your favorite when you want a cuppa. These neat organizers will display and show off all your tea and associated tea items while still looking pretty, practical and durable.
Last update on 2021-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API