There are countless brands of green tea out there to choose from, but most people will only ever try a small handful of them.
If you’re looking to branch out a bit from what you’d find at the grocery store, and to try some higher-tier green teas (without having to spend a fortune), we’ve put together this list of options to help you on your way.
- Looking for something in particular…?
- Green Tea: Bagged, Or Loose? Which to Choose?
- Here’s our favorite loose leaf green tea brand: VAHDAM
- Finding the BEST Green Tea Brands in 2018:
- Best Green Tea Extract
- What about the best green tea brand for weight loss?
- A Few Last Things to Consider…
Looking for something in particular…?
- Best loose leaf
- Best green tea bags
- Best green tea extract
- Best green tea for weight loss
Discovering new teas, and starting to notice the subtle differences in flavor profiles, is a really fun experience. Tea isn’t unlike wine, where different regions will yield distinct flavors, and the best way to train your taste buds to truly appreciate nicer teas is to start sipping!
Generally speaking, loose leaf teas are of a higher quality, whereas bagged teas are generally less expensive and don’t always include the best quality leaves (The bag itself kind of helps to hide when the leaves are smaller, crushed, ground up, and generally in somewhat rough shape.) Now, there are some really high quality bagged teas out there, too. We’ve found some EXCELLENT teas, both bagged and loose…
Green Tea: Bagged, Or Loose? Which to Choose?
Bagged teas are easier, and the quality is fine as long as you’re buying decent ones. Loose leaf teas require an extra step, but other than that, it’s not like it’s a whole to-do or anything. You have more control over the strength of your tea when you’re steeping loose leaves, but you’ll have to clean out your steeper when you’re done, rather than just tossing the bag.
It comes down to personal preference, and it’s not like you have to choose one or the other… enjoy both, depending on what you feel like!
Here’s our favorite loose leaf green tea brand: VAHDAM
- GREEN TEA WITH 21 ANCIENT MEDICINAL HERBS - This traditional ayurvedic tea has...
- HEALTHY & DELICIOUS - Discover a delicious flavour of rose in every sip with a...
- ETHICAL, DIRECT & FAIR-TRADE, TRULY - By eliminating all middlemen, we help a...
- DIRECT FROM SOURCE GARDEN FRESH - Vahdam Teas are sourced DIRECT from...
Finding the BEST Green Tea Brands in 2018:
We’re going to include some bagged teas on this list, and some loose leaf teas. We’ll indicate which is which, so that you can stick to the ones that you prefer.
Taste is subjective, but quality isn’t… not all teas are the same when it comes to taste, nor quality. We can’t guarantee that you’ll love the taste of all of these teas, and that’s part of the adventure of finding and trying new teas, but we are confidant that you’ll find each of them to be of great quality.
The nice thing about great teas is that even if you don’t love it, you can pass it on to a friend, or trade it, and it’ll never go to waste. (It’s also a good excuse to order a few different teas at a time…)
Best Green Tea Bags: Our Top 3 Choices
1. Vahdam Himalayan Green Tea Bags
- INTRODUCING THE BETTER TEA BAG - Discover the superiority of a garden fresh LONG...
- 30 ORGANIC GREEN TEA BAGS - Green tea leaves organic selection, blended with...
- DIRECT FROM SOURCE & GARDEN FRESH: Vahdam Teas are sourced DIRECT from...
- ETHICAL, DIRECT & FAIR-TRADE, TRULY - Everytime you drink Vahdam Teas, delivered...
Yet another winner from the fine folks over at Vahdam who consistently deliver highly rated, quality, expertly-sourced teas that always go the extra mile.
These 30 single-serve pyramid-style tea bags ensure a smooth steep so that you can enjoy a great cup of green tea the easiest way possible, and you aren’t sacrificing quality to do so, as if often the case with other bagged teas.
2. Jasmine Dragon Pearls Tea by Kiss Me Organics
- PROVIDES A CALM, FOCUSED ENERGY BOOST. Our Jasmine Pearls Tea is made from a...
- HAND ROLLED PEARLS INFUSED 3X WITH ORGANIC JASMINE BLOSSOMS. We start with the...
- 100% USDA CERTIFIED, LAB-TESTED GREEN TEA. Made from 100% organic,...
- DELICIOUS ALL-NATURAL JASMINE FLAVOR. this jasmine pearls tea is decadent. Each...
This tea is made with organic green tea leaves, along with fresh jasmine blossoms. The combination is incredible! This is some of the best tasting green tea (Depending on what you like, of course, but it’s certainly worth the taste.)
It’s tough to determine which is the healthiest green tea brand since it’s kind of subjective, but that category would include brands like this that are doing things with an emphasis on quality and sustainability.
“The natural scenting process for this premium Jasmine Dragon Pearls green tea is accomplished through traditional techniques that are over 900 years old. Organic green tea and organic jasmine blossoms are mixed together, heated, flipped, cooled, stacked and scented again (3 times). Once the tea has been infused with jasmine, the blossoms are sifted out and the green tea is dried, hand-rolled and carefully packaged.”
3. Newman’s Own Organics Royal Tea
- USDA Organic, QAI certified organic
- Quality fit for a King
- Paul Newman has given over $200 Million to thousands of charities worldwide
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
We’re always happy to have the opportunity to feature Newman’s Own Organics teas, as they carry on the charitable legacy set by Paul Newman.
These might not be the absolute best green tea bags you’ve ever tasted, but they’re still a pretty decent quality option at a very fair price which is why they’ve earned this spot on the list. If you’re looking for something that’ll scratch that green tea itch, that you can drink a few times a day without breaking the bank, then this is a great option.
Best Green Tea Extract
If you’re interested in the benefits of drinking green tea but without having to consume tons of it to unlock all of the alleged benefits, then getting your hands on the best green tea extract is probabally a much better idea.
We recommend this one, because it’s a great value, it’s rated very highly by people who use it, and it is a good alternative to drinking cup after cup of tea. It’s water extracted, and this package comes with 100 x 500mg capsules.
- 5:1 Green Tea Extract Capsules
- Supports Immune Health and Detoxification
- Catechins Support 24h Energy Expenditure
What about the best green tea brand for weight loss?
If you think you need to spend heaps of cash on “tummy teas” that are advertised all over Instagram, then you’ll be pleased to learn that you can get excellent teas for a fraction of the price that those brands are charging.
Companies trying to cash in on a green tea weight loss trend will spring up, charge a hefty price tag for tea that’s not any better than what other brands are offering, and due to their slick marketing they’ll convince many people to buy – only to disappear as quickly as they arrived.
Here’s a great choice that won’t cost you an arm and a leg, and it includes a blend of ingredients that are proven to help. The biggest impact when it comes to weight loss will be eating better and moving around, but a nice cup of tea that gives you a boost of energy and helps you feel full can be very helpful – especially with the additional herbs blended with this one:
- Green Tea Benefits: Green tea is packed with antioxidants and is known to...
- We've blended both premium Japanese matcha and green tea leaves with powerful...
- Garcinia Cambogia: Studies have shown this citrus fruit from Asia inhibits fat...
- Cinnamon Benefits: Cinnamon can help increase blood sugar, increase lean mass...
A Few Last Things to Consider…
If you still can’t decide between all of the teas featured on this page, our best advice is just to give one of them a try and see what you think. If you don’t love it, you can always try another. Since we featured many of the best green tea brands, sorted by different categories, there should be something for everyone here – and we only feature quality products, that offer an excellent value, so you can’t really go wrong with any of them.
Make sure you let us know which ones are your favorites after you’ve had a chance to taste any of these teas. If your favorites aren’t included on this list, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us and tell us why they’re your favorite green tea brands!
Last update on 2018-07-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API