Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh banana bread filling their house, the soft spongy bread with gooey little chocolate chips. This is a baking staple, so why not make a banana bread that fills you with pride every time you share a piece with company over a cup of tea. This Vegan Banana Bread recipe can also be made Gluten Free with ease. So why not indulge? Try this dead simple recipe for Vegan Banana Bread at home and let us know what you think.
Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- ⅔ of a cup of almond milk
- ⅔ of a cup pure organic maple syrup
- ½ cup oil, preferably cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of gluten free flour, all purpose works as well
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 brown or over ripe banana’s
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup pure dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease and flour a small cake pan, square or round
- Toast your walnuts until lightly browned and set aside to cool
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- In another large mixing bowl mash the bananas and add the wet ingredients
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients while constantly mixing to ensure no lumps
- Add walnuts and chocolate chips to the batter
- Be sure to save a few to garnish on the top of the bread
- Once everything is combined, pour your batter into the cake pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- A good rule of thumb is once you can stick a toothpick or skewer through the center of the loaf and it comes out clean, it’s done!
When banana’s go brown on the counter put them in the freezer for the next time you make banana bread. Simply thaw them and their ready to be mashed into the batter. This little trick is an excuse I often use to make banana bread, but with healthy vegan banana bread recipes like this one, we don’t really need to worry about making excuses anymore.
Try This Out
Serve your decadent and healthy vegan banana bread with the perfect cup of tea to match. Our suggestion is a bold earl grey black tea. With a deep flavor profile comparable to coffee your taste buds will dance at the idea of this sweet banana bread paired with a deep bergamot flavor of your favorite earl grey.
Next time you have a lunch date impress your guests with this wonderful take on an american classic, pair with the perfect tea and enhance the experience significantly.
We want to know what you think about this recipe, leave your comments and share this recipe with your friends and family. Or keep it as your own little secret to the perfect loaf of vegan banana bread, just remember to share.