Who doesn’t want better skin? What if we told you that green tea moisturizer can help to moisturize, and improve the health and appearance of your skin? It doesn’t have to cost much, either. There are plenty of products available on the market, but we’re not going to be looking at those, we’re going to be looking at how you can make your own green tea moisturizer. If you’ve never made your own skin care products before, don’t be intimidated, it’s actually really easy!
There are a lot of uses for green tea, and skin care products are just one of them. Besides being able to make a green tea moisturizer, you can even cook with tea. (Check out our article about cooking with tea.)
To get started, you will need a few “tools” to make Green Tea Moisturizer at Home:
- Utensils for measuring the ingredients (Measuring cup + spoons)
- A regular sized spatula
- A small saucepan
- A tea infuser
- A Strainer
- An immersion blender
Next, gather up these ingredients:
- 2 cups of simmering, not boiling, water.
- 1 and 1/2 cups oil almond oil (Can substitute with apricot seed oil, gradeseed oil, etc..)
- 1/2 cup of shea butter or coconut oil
- 8 tablespoons of beeswax (grated)
- 3 table spoons of aloe
- 4 tablespoons of green tea leaves
- Essential oils as desired
Here’s how to put it all together…
- Put your saucepan over the stove, and on a low low heat, slowly melt down the beeswax and the coconut + grape seed oil.
- Boil the water, let it cool down for a few moments, and then steep the tea the same way you would if you were going to drink it, for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea leaves and give the water some time to cool down. Discard the leaves.
- Combine the oil and beeswax from earlier, the tea and the aloe vera, and mix them using your immersion blender.
- Use your spatula to put this moisurizer into any container that you have handy. Keeping old moisturizer containers and washing them out is not a bad idea, or you can use any jar or whatever you have around the house.
That wasn’t so hard…
And now you have your own, homemade green tea moisturizer!
There you have it, an easy-to-make “recipe” to create your own green tea moisturizer at home. This is a great way to be frugal and have some fun making something for yourself, but most importantly it’s the best way to know exactly what ingredients are going into your skin care products to ensure you’re living a clean, healthy lifestyle.