Table of Contents
Here’s a recipe for green tea ice cream that you can make easily at home. It’s got some sugar in it, so it’s not the healthiest recipe we’ve featured on the site, but it’s alright to have a sweet tooth sometimes and it is ice cream after all, it’s meant to be enjoyed! This recipe was shared with us from the people over at the River Tea blog, thanks for submitting it!
If you haven’t made ice cream at home before, you’ll be surprised how easy and delicious it is. Did you most that most ice cream from the super market isn’t actually ice cream after all? It’s in the frozen aisle where you would expect to find ice cream, however what you’re getting is often so far from what ice cream is, that they’re not even allowed to CALL it ice cream. For example, next time you’re in the frozen aisle where all the treats are, notice how some of the packages will say “Ice Cream” but a lot of them (Especially the cheaper ones..) will say “Frozen treat”. That’s becasue it’s not ice cream.. This is kind of deception, since unless you read “the fine print”, you will absolutely think you’re getting real ice cream since they look identical. Just a quick healthy living tip for the next time you’re at the super market! If you’re going to have junk food, it might as well be “REAL” and decent quality, right? Lets meld the worlds of deserts and antioxidant rich beverages and dive into the wonderful desert Green Tea Ice Cream.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Green Tea Ice Cream…
- An ice cream maker (There are simple, inexpensive ones as well as fancy high-end ones. Take your pick. Some people even just use a bag and ice..)
- 100ml of whole milk
- 60 grams of cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of matcha green tea powder
- 200 milliliters of double cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Here are the preparation directions:
- Scald the milk over low heat, slowing adding sugar and stirring constantly, and then remove them from the heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the eggs and remove the folks, and pour about a quarter of the milk mixture in with the yolks, and whisk.
- Add this yolk mixture to the rest of the milk.
- Keep over low heat until it begins to thicken, remove from heat then pour back into the mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, which together the matcha powder with about 2 tablespoons of warm water to form a paste.
- Mix your matcha paste together with the cream and vanilla, and add them to the milk mixture.
- Whisk everything together, then allow them to cool thoroughly.
- Finally, follow the directions of your ice cream maker and enjoy!
There you have it, a delicious tea recipe for the sweet tooth. If you have any tips for making ice cream without an ice cream maker, please share them below! Same goes if you have a particular ice cream maker at home that you would recommend to others to try out!
Don’t forget to take a look at the rest of our tea recipes, and the rest of this website for that matter, if you love tea!