If you’re boiling water on the stove, there’s a quicker and more convenient way.
Embrace the wonders of modern electricity, because not only are electric kettles faster and more convenient, they’re even safer for a number of reasons.
We’ll assume that if you’re here already, you don’t need to be convinced as to why an electric kettle is a great choice – you’re looking for something solid without spending a fortune.
You can get electric kettles for hundreds of dollars, but if you’re on a budget we have found these five kettles are exceptional yet are all under $50.
The Benefits of Electric Kettles
- Tea or Coffee Tastes Better – Different types of teas and coffees need to be boiled at different temperatures to bring out the best taste possible. When you use a stove or microwave to boil water, the consistency may differ and alter the taste of the tea or coffee. Most modern electric kettles come with an in-unit temperature control and switch off automatically when the water is sufficiently boiled.
- Saves Electricity Bill – Electric kettles are much more energy-efficient than electric stovetops or microwaves. An electric kettle with higher wattage heats up water at a much faster rate than using an electric stove. When water boils faster, you also end up saving on your electricity bill. In fact, an electric kettle is 80 percent more efficient than a traditional stovetop or microwave.
- Safer than Stove Tops – An electric kettle comes with an advanced feature of auto shut-off, making it safer than other cooking options. Unlike traditional stovetop, electric kettles stop the boiling process as soon as the liquid in the kettle starts bubbling. This also saves you from the dangers of spillage or over-boiling out of the top of your kettle. In addition, these kettles also save you from exposure to open flames on gas burners and nasty burns.
- Saves Time – Waiting for water to boil takes a long time, especially during winter. An electric kettle, especially the ones that have high wattage, boils water within a short span of time.
There are a few key points that make these safer, more energy-efficient and cheaper than, say, boiling a pot or a kettle on the stove.
How to Choose an Electric Kettle
Before we dig into some reviews of the best electric kettles for coffee or tea let’s look at some of the elements that make a great electric kettle.
- Features: How quickly it boils water is one important feature. Also, some people prefer a glass kettle rather than a plastic one, so the material it’s made from is going to be important.
- Price: In this article, we’re focusing primarily on the most affordable options, because there are a lot of great buys to be had without spending very much.
- Quality: Quality is going to be important, otherwise it ends up being more expensive to buy cheap kettle after cheap kettle. Also try looking for a kettle that has some warranty of at least 6 – 12 months.
- Value: That’s where value comes into play, when price and quality line up, that’s value! For this article, since we’re looking at kettles on the lower end of the price range, it is very important to find ones that have great value.
- Warranty: Even a great product can have a defect every now and then, and a warranty will allow you to get a replacement or a repair from the manufacturer, or in some cases a refund.
- Reviews: A product can look great on paper but still end up with some weird quirks that may bother some people, that’s why we read through many OTHER people’s reviews, along with our own experiences, before featuring any products here.
We put a lot of time into researching, choosing, testing and putting these kettles through their quality assurance so that you can make an informed purchase.
The 5 Best Electric Kettles for Under Fifty Dollars
We have chosen the 5 best Electric Kettles for under $50 that we feel are quality, durable and have the features needed in a kettle so you can choose the one that looks the best to you and suits your kitchen the nicest. You can’t go wrong with any of these choices of electric kettle.
1. Aicok Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Water Kettle
For instance, you’ve got 6 Programmable temperature settings for hot water and boiling water. 160°F for Delicate Tea, 175°F for Green Tea, 185°F for White Tea, 190°F for Oolong Tea, 200°F for Coffee.
And “Boil” 212°F it’s a perfect kettle for tea, especially Black Tea, Instant Cocoa, Oatmeal, Noodles, and more and it’ll remember the perfect temperature settings.
Different types of tea need to be steeped in water of various temperatures for optimal flavor, and this kettle makes that easy. It’s a great no fuss, quality kettle at an affordable price point.
2. BELLA 1.2L Electric Ceramic Tea Kettle
Bella’s kettle wins top choice for being the nicest looking – and it works great, too.
This BELLA kettle can hold 1.2 litres of water, and looks absolutely charming.
If you don’t really care for the plastic or stainless steel look that some of the other kettles have, this one is made from ceramic with a pretty design with the right price and high quality.
There are 7 different designs available, from a variety of patterns to cute flower outlines.
The cord is attached to the base, so when you lift it up to pour, you’re unobstructed by a cord, making it handy for taking into the living room with you for refills, or just taking to the other side of the kitchen.
The power switch lights up so you can tell whether it’s on or not from a distance. It’s a beautifully designed, safe, kettle that’s our pick for design!
3. Secura 1.8 Quart Stainless Steel Electric Water Kettle
These bold kettles for tea and suitable for coffee are cool to the touch on the outside, even when they’re rapidly heating up to boil your water on the inside.
With thousands of positive reviews, and an average of 4.6 stars, you know this is a solid unit that’ll take good care of you and your guests.
The 1500w is above average for this category, and means it’ll heat up your water more quickly than average. Giving you boiling water in an easy to find and store manner.
For your coffee drinks out there, this same company offers a really stylish looking french press in stainless steel, an alternative to the typical clear glass. The Secura French Press Coffee Maker,is made from top quality stainless steel, made to outlast any other coffee maker
4. Willow & Everett Gooseneck Kettle
Here’s a great choice if you enjoy coffee as well as tea. The goose neck makes it ideal to gently pour the water over top, slowly and with purpose.
It retails for around $100, but you can often find it on sale for quite a bit less on Amazon, so definitely take a look to see if you get lucky and score a great price.
5. Hamilton Beach 40880 Review
Here’s the most affordable option on this list. If you’re on a budget, grab this one and you’re all set.
Cord free serving, heats water faster than a microwave, has a hidden element so you won’t accidentally burn yourself, and has a number of other basic features that you’d expect like an automatic shut-off.
It holds 1.7 liters of water, has a 1500w heater, and is quite solid.
So there you have it five of our favourite electric kettles under $50. We’re sure you will love any of these products so go-getting brewing!
FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions
Which Is The Best Electric Kettle To Buy?
The best electric kettle to buy is the best kettle for your needs and budget. We have reviewed a range of cheap kettles for easy access in this article above.
How Does an Electric Kettle Work?
An electric kettle works by when the kettle is turned on, a large electrical current flows through the coil, or the ‘heating element’.
This resistance turns electrical energy into heat as it passes through the coil. The heat brings the water inside it to boiling point.
What’s the Most Energy Efficient Kettle?
As the electric kettles are faster than other kettle types, it saves a lot of energy consumption.
Besides, an electric kettle needs minimal energy and there is generally an automatic shut-off feature to prevent unnecessary energy consumption. So any kettle with these features is best for energy efficiency.
Where Do I Purchase a Kettle From?
You can purchase a kettle from most major retail department stores or you can use the links we have provided, to purchase directly from Amazon.
Last update on 2021-10-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API